Serepax

Because the world needs more overwrought candour.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

The economics of lurve

If, indeed, all you need is love and if the world too needs love, just love, then it would seem that a rather simple economic principle is at work. The need for love is high, but sadly, supply of this valuable commodity is low. The Australian Bureau of Statistics says around 23% of people aged 35-44 were without a partner in 1996, up 7% from ten years earlier. Perhaps it would be downright stupid to spurn Kiyono; to hold out hopes of perfection in my partner which, inverted to make it truer, mean that I am looking for someone to perfect me, make me better. Perhaps I should just accept her offer, after trying to wriggle out of her devotion at every step. Perhaps it's fine to import my girlfriend. Sigh. At least she's not a Russian bride.

I can't get my linky-thingy to work properly, so you'll have to cut and paste the addresses below if you want a cheap thrill.

http://lyrics.russian-women.net/lyrics.shtml
http://www.pastlifewithjohnlennon.com

I love the internet. There is nothing it can't do.