Serepax

Because the world needs more overwrought candour.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

I've been getting excited about the whole teaching English in Japan thing - the idea's been a maybe for a long time, and only recently has started blossoming into reality. So, I think I'll do it, for at least six months. My brother wants to do it as well. I'm a bit over Melbourne, and more than a bit over John Howard's version of Australia.

Added to this, a potential house implosion. I haven't written much about my house, which is strange, perhaps, considering how big a part it plays. There's seven of us, six boys one girl, and when people have asked how it's going, they have a look of expectant doom. Until now, they've been wrong - it's been like a mini community, full of cheap wine, burritos and much laughter. But there's tension between housemates, and people moving in different directions so I don't know how much longer it'll last. If I'm out of the country, though, it won't matter in the slightest.